Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Figuring Out Nancy




Nancy is about two months old now, but I still don't know a lot about her.
She cries a lot. At first I thought it was because she was scared of the couch. It is a little out of date. But then I realized she was mortified that we both had on the same outfit.


I tried to tell Nancy it was no big deal. When you're little like we are, it's not a social travesty. It's actually considered to be cute. I explained that shoes can make all the difference.


That's when it dawned on me--if I told Nancy about shoes, she would probably start borrowing mine!


But after thinking about it, I told her that would be fine. I told her she could borrow my shoes any time she wanted. And that if necessary, we would borrow Mommy's shoes as well. I tried to reassure her there was no reason to cry. That you can't let the little stuff get to you. That she should just try to calm down and cheer up.



After we pulled ourselves together, (one of us did, anyway), I decided it was just going to take some time to help Nancy get up to speed on everything.


In the mean time I would do enough smiling for the both of us.


And I'm pretty sure that made Nancy feel better.











No comments:

Post a Comment