Monday, July 4, 2016

Comic Con 2016


My suspicions have been confirmed. Both of my parents are nerds.

In June we went to Comic Con. This is where a whole bunch of people get together and enjoy a common fascination with imaginary people and places. It was like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, every superhero, every anime hero, and every Disney princess all crash-landed in the middle of downtown. It was as if a million books, movies, and comic books sprang to life in Denver.

It was so cool.

Cary Elwes from The Princess Bride was there and Ralph Macchio from the Karate Kid was there too. We didn’t get to see them. It was way too crowded and they were hard to get to. But just the fact they were in the vicinity made Mommy swoon a little.

People were dressed up in some amazing costumes. I saw Gumby. I saw the Incredibles. I saw Baymax (from Big Hero 6.) I saw a Dalek (from Doctor Who). I saw BB-8 and Rae (from The Force Awakens). I even saw Sally (from Nightmare Before Christmas), who turned out to be Rachel.

Mommy arranged for us to be dressed up in a Batman theme. He’s Daddy’s favorite superhero

[because as everyone knows, Batman is the best superhero]

Daddy wrote that just now—not me.

Anyway, Mommy had a Batman shirt and she gave Daddy a Batman shirt that had “DAD” shaped like the Batman logo. And she got me a Batman outfit and even made a Batman bow for me. Even though we were surrounded by thousands of people (114,000 as a matter of fact), several people noticed me in the crowd and said how cute I was. I’m not bragging. I’m just describing my day.

I had a great time. I can’t wait until next year. Maybe I’ll be a Disney princess.

[or we could do the Batman thing again]

Please stop it, Daddy. This is my blog.

[I’m just saying]


No comments:

Post a Comment