Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My First Halloween


I’m almost a whole year old and I’m still coming across some pretty strange things.

All the leaves were falling off the trees. It was really interesting. We sat on the porch and watched them fall. Daddy wouldn’t let me eat them.

All of the leaves were falling and blowing all over the place. But from what I understand, unlike Daddy’s hair, they’re going to grow back.

For about a month, children seemed a little scared, but mostly excited. It was because of all the pumpkins and weird things with scary eyes. On the other hand, all the grown-ups seemed a little excited and mostly scared. It was because of something called “the election.”

In the middle of all this, Mommy and Daddy dressed me up as a princess and took me out for something called “Trick-or-Treating.” It seems like every time I think I’ve got things figured out, Mommy and Daddy take me somewhere that makes me question just how weird life is going to be. Mommy dressed up as a princess too and she put together a costume for Daddy that made him look like a tower. That way, when he carried me around, I looked like a princess in a tower. Mommy is amazing. She even painted Daddy’s pants to look like the wall of a tower.

We went to Trick-or-Treat Street in Old Towne Arvada. There was a whole bunch of people dressed up in all kinds of costumes. All of us went from store to store and the people there gave us candy. We got to see the Wilcoxes. Before we left, I got tons of compliments on my costume.

I didn’t really do much. I just sort of stared at everyone, trying to figure out what was going on.

But I had a great time. I mainly just observed the antics of the people from my lofty tower. I got a bunch of candy.

A few nights later, some other people in costumes came to where we live. When we opened the door, they yelled at us. I was kind of in shock. We gave them candy to make them go away. Turns out they were good friends of ours. Next year, I might go to their door and yell at them until they give me candy.

Candy…

Now that I think about it, I wonder what happened to all the candy I got at Trick-or-Treat Street? After we got home, it just sort of disappeared. I haven’t seen so much as a Milk Dud. Mommy and Daddy don’t seem to know anything about it.

Maybe all those pieces of candy are like the leaves. They just kind of go away—and Daddy won’t let me eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment