Saturday, July 28, 2018

Kamp Koinonia 2018


At first, my sister Nancy and I thought we had moved.
All of the sudden, Mommy and Daddy packed us in the van and we drove into the mountains.

But it turned out we were going to Kamp Koinonia for two weeks. It was my second time going and it was even more fun than the first time!

We were up in the mountains near Glenwood Springs. Nature is a whole lot different than Denver. The animals up here don’t talk or sing, but they look a lot more real.

The campground had a lot of animals. Sometimes bears show up, but we didn’t see any this time. There were lots of chipmunks. Dad met a snake. But I got to meet a deer. The picture above shows me waiting for the deer to break out into song. 

We did a lot of walking, but my sister Nancy and I also got to ride around in our wagon. It’s really nice. It has a canopy and drink holders. It’s great for naps. 

But my favorite mode of transportation is the golf cart. Whenever I saw it, I hopped in and hoped.


During the week, I got to help with different things. Here’s me working on Daddy's computer while Mommy got some work done.

I also made some friends. I kept noticing there were a lot of people there. They were laughing and talking and having a great time. Once, during breakfast, I decided I wanted to be involved with some of that. So I left the table where Mommy, Daddy, and Nancy were sitting and sat with some girls. They were very nice and didn’t mind at all that I just sort of inserted myself into the situation.


I got to see a lot of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. When everyone was getting ready for the Jewel Hunt, I got to wear this cool hat.


One of my favorite things to do was to pick up rocks. There were lots of them there. Here’s me wearing my rock-collecting dress.


At night I slept in a play pen. It wasn’t the most comfortable, but every day was so busy and exiting, I was pretty exhausted and didn’t have any trouble sleeping.


I got to spend a lot of time with my family. Here’s me adoring my Mommy.


Here’s a picture of me with all the people. I’m the one smiling.


Here’s me with Mommy right after. I’m the one in the rock-collecting dress.


One of the fun things we got to do is “calisthenics.” This is where you get up and get all of the weird stuff out of your system, so that you don’t accidentally do weird stuff during the day. Here’s a video of me doing calisthenics. 



I had a great time. I can’t wait until next year!



1 comment:

  1. Well, Miss Ippi, you made me miss Kamp the worst I have in a long time! I always wait for the deer to burst into song too. But they must only sing for family! I'm glad you and Nancy had fun!!

    ReplyDelete