Friday, November 22, 2019

My Fourth Birthday, My Second Sister


I am four years old and I had a great birthday! It was the most unusual birthday so far!
When people said, “Happy Birthday!” I would say, “Happy Birthday!”
It was a fun day. It was a Saturday, so Daddy was home. We played a lot and watched some movies. Then after dinner, I got to blow out candles on an ice cream cake and I opened my presents. I got some Frozen books and a giant Olaf! That night, we watched Olaf’s Frozen Adventure while Olaf sat with Nancy and me.
When I got up the next morning, Granny was there! Papa had driven her down while Nancy and I were asleep so that she could stay with us a few days.
It seemed like when you turn 4, a whole bunch of great stuff happens. But that’s not all…
For a long time, Mommy and Daddy kept talking about a baby.
I love babies. I love to hold dolls and cover them with blankets. A lot of the shows I like have babies in them. But even though Mommy and Daddy kept saying there was a baby, I didn’t see any babies at our house.
I’ve been learning different shapes like circle, square, and triangle. Even though I didn’t see any babies, I did notice that Mommy was looking more and more like a circle.
Sunday night, Nancy and I went to bed. When we got up the next morning, we found out that Mommy and Daddy had gone to the hospital to get the baby everyone has been talking about. Nancy and I played with Granny and had a great time all day. That night, we went over to the hospital and Mommy and Daddy were waiting for us. They were so happy to see us!
Aunt Julie and Rachel were there. You know who else was there?
A baby!
Mommy and Daddy told me the baby was Judy and she was my sister. I got on the bed with Mommy and when Daddy brought Judy over to me, I held her and kissed her on the head.
After that, Granny took Nancy and I home to get some sleep.
The next day after lunch, Granny set up some stools by the front window so Nancy and I could peek out.
Mommy and Daddy showed up in the car and when they got out, Daddy was carrying Judy!
They brought her in and we all sat on the couch. I said, “Judy.” And I also said, “She’s so cute!”
I really love her. She mainly just sleeps and eats and cries. But I really love her.


1 comment:

  1. "Sisters, sisters,
    There were never such devoted sisters."
    Such amazing blessings!!

    ReplyDelete