Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas and a New Year


For Christmas, I got a bunch of presents, but I didn’t get to open any of them. I mainly slept or practiced fidgeting while I was passed around like a bowl of mashed potatoes. The main difference was that no one tried to get the mashed potatoes to smile.

Mommy took pictures of me for a Christmas card. That wasn’t too bad. I got to lounge on soft blankets. But Mommy also decided to make a few Christmas gifts that required my feet to be painted and then pressed to paper for various designs. I didn’t much care for it. It felt weird. Mommy finally resorted to waiting until I was asleep. I guess I have no room to complain. I do my share of disturbing Mommy and Daddy while they’re asleep. On the other hand, I have never painted their feet.

One thing about Christmas that struck me as unusual was one particular item of clothing I received. As you can imagine, I’ve acquired a lot of onesies, shirts, and dresses. I fully expected to get more. What I didn’t expect to receive was a giant sock.

It’s called a Christmas stocking. Mommy and Daddy, plus many friends and family, have done pretty well at guessing my size, but this time they were way off. There’s no way this thing will ever fit me. And there’s only one.

I guess I could very well grow into it. If I do, then I better plan on a career in the WWF. In the meantime, they put it above the chimney. Christmas morning, it turns out Santa Claus put some cool stuff in it.

All in all, Christmas was wonderful. I gave everyone smiles this year. I didn’t have to wrap them and everyone seemed happy to get them.

As far as New Year’s Eve, there’s not much to say. We stayed up to the wee hours of 9 p.m. The first day of 2016 was all right, except Mommy and Daddy dressed me up as Baby New Year. At least it didn’t involve paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment